This is going to be a short post, but (I’m sure you’ll agree) a valuable one. As many of you know Michelle Hauck AKA Michelle4Laughs; http://michelle4laughs.blogspot.com.au/ ; hosts or participates in many writers comps as well as having a fantastic blog site with countless agent interviews and success stories.
The past 3-4 weeks Michelle ran a 1-page blog-hop. The idea was, you post your first page, (WIP or completed MS) on your blog and attach a link on Michelle’s page. You then offer critique of (a min. of) 10 other 1st pages (five prior and five post yours – all the details are on Michelle’s blog). In other words, you get and give 10 critiques.
Aside from being a great way to see what is or is not working (and let’s not underestimate the power of page-1!) you also get a lot out of critiquing other peoples work as well as seeing what/how others critique work that is not yours.
Additional to this Michelle has been selecting at random 3-4 1-st pages every week to offer her feedback.
All-in-all it’s a true win-win-win.
So why am I telling you this now? Given it’s over? Simple. I didn’t have time to do a post update for the 1st page-blog-hop but Michelle has generously arranged to have a Query Letter Blog Hop starting in December – It’ll run for about two weeks and again, the rules are pretty much the same.
For complete details (and a super dooper added bonus- details on Michelle’s page) go to:
It’s called Holiday Query Blog Hop.
Want a quick rundown? Sure!
- Word-court for QL max 350
- Include your into & bio (in the 350-words)
- Follow the steps to create the Link (Michelle will have details or ask her in the comments section)
- REMEMBER to make this worthwhile and fair, your part is to
- Offer feedback on the 5 prior and 5 post your query
- Be constructive not insulting or nasty, and always “Mary Poppins” your feed back – i.e. ♫ a spoon full of sugar makes the medicine go down ♫
And read Michelle’s instructions and / or ask questions if in doubt.
So… off you go… here’s your chance to get real and unbiased feedback and who knows… there could be someone special popping in!